Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The final countdown.....

"You know all about it— the contempt, the abuse. I dare to believe that the luckless will get lucky someday in you. You won't let them down: orphans won't be orphans forever. Break the wicked right arms, break all the evil left arms. Search and destroy every sign of crime. God's grace and order wins; godlessness loses. The victim's faint pulse picks up; the hearts of the hopeless pump red blood as you put your ear to their lips. Orphans get parents, the homeless get homes. The reign of terror is over, the rule of the gang lords is ended." Psalm 10: 14-18 (The Message)

For about 3 years now, Psalm 10 has been a chapter that I have declared over the nation of Uganda. Just recentely I read it for the first time from The Message. It blew my mind! I love how it declares the truth and victory that we have in our amazing Father. He is so good to us. This passage just bring so much hope to my heart and we know that hope does not disappoint! (Romans 5:5)

I love how funny and ironic the Lord is sometimes. I read through Psalm 10 a lot, but only a month before I leave to go back to Uganda, did He put it on my heart to read this version. It is exactly what has been on my heart while in preparation for this trip. These boys that I will be working with need parents and they need homes. The Lord is promising that in these verses! WOW! God is so good!!!

It's becoming real again. In exactly 28 days, I will be stepping off of a plane in the Entebbe, Uganda airport. It's so hard for me to put in words what I am feeling right now. My heart is so full of joy. I can imagine now the hour long ride that we will take. I can see the most beautiful sky I have ever seen. The stars are crystal clear. There are people laughing and dancing as music blares through the streets. I can imagine the face of our house mom, Sarah, as we pull up. I can not wait to be reunited with my family overseas. I can't wait to see the boys in the homes and talk about the past year of their lives. I'm ready to see how much they've grown and if their english has gotten any better! I'm ready to worship with them and dance before the Lord! I'm excited about meeting new boys on the streets and loving on them like they've never experienced. The anticipation is killing me!

This is the final stretch. One more month. Holy cow!
There is one thing I know for sure; The city of  Kampala, Uganda will be changed because me and 14 other amazing radicals for the Lord have stepped foot on the land. I can't wait to bring the Kingdom!!
UGANDA HERE WE COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment